Your troglodyte suite TESTIMONIALS
Only 42 minutes from Paris, taking the fast TGV train, we will meet you in the morning at the TGV station: Vendôme Villiers, departure from the “Gare Montparnasse” in Paris. We will drive you first to your accommodation, a beautiful troglodyte suite. After coffee, and croissants, we will leave to the Clos Lucé, the last private home of Leonardo da Vinci.
This is an unique opportunity to be inspired by the master. Leonardo da Vinci spent the last years of his life at the Clos Lucé, painting and building many of his inventions. The park of the château is filled with full size reproductions of the machines he created. We will also visit the English gardens. The visit of the château and gardens will take about 2.5 hours.
We will follow with a lunch at a award winning restaurant in Amboise, with a bottle of the wine appellation: Touraine Amboise
In the afternoon, we will stay in Amboise and visit the château d’Amboise. We will then proceed to a local winery where you will be able to meet the winemaker and tour le cellar. This will start your education about the Loire Valley wines. The Loire Valley produces Red wines, white wines, rosés and sparkling wines. Before the end of the day, you will have tasted many of the Loire Valley varietals.
On the way back, we will drive through the countryside and forests over to the banks of the Loire river, going through small picturesque villages.
There will be plenty of chances to buy the wine you taste they are such good value, you will want to send some home to enjoy with friends, and families. We can organize the shipping, and handle the custom paper work for you.
Diner will prepared by Luc Bonhomme, as a food and wine pairing experience. This will be an apportunity to taste lesser known French gastronomy. It will time for you to enjoy spending the night in your troglodyte suite.
After breakfast, we will drive to the second castle, the one you have selected (selected in the booking form). We will have lunch at a local restaurant. On the way back to Thoré la Rochette, we will stop at a winery for a tasting. Early evening, we will take you back to the train station for your return to Paris.
including TGV train station pickup, and drop off.
Tours available from Mars to November 2018
• Train TGV tickets round trip from Paris Montparnasse to Vendôme, Villiers station
• Comfortable transport
• English expert guide by: Luc Bonhomme (company’s owner)
• Coffee, and croissants upon arrival
• Access to your accommodation in the morning
• Chenonceau chateau, and garden visit
• Lunch (award winning restaurant)
• Winery visits and guided wine tastings
• Opportunity to buy and ship wines
• Diner in a French home or local restaurant
• Night accommodation
• Next day continental breakfast
• Visit of the second castle, the one you have selected (make your selection in the booking form)
• Lunch at a local restaurant
• Wine tasting in the afternoon
• Return to railway TGV station Vendôme Villiers
• Good bye gift
Ideal for novice or expert tasters
• Travel insurance
• Personal expenses